Saturday, June 6, 2009

THE MORNING OF JUNE 6TH in HIGH COUNTRY (3,806 ft. elevation)



As you know, my BFF Sydney is visiting from Calgary. she's planning on going back on Monday...but I'm thinking she may want to change her plans and stay a little longer...or else maybe her hubby can meet her at the airport with a parka and boots (oh, I'm kidding, it will surely be gone before then!). My other dear friend and Tai Chi buddy, Nancy, sent me these photos of their place just west of the city. I'm guessing that some of the folks out that way are going to need to replace some bedding plants. That's what June, or any summer month for that matter, can bring in the foothills!

10 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

Somehow it already feels like summer so winter is a true shock this time of year....but always possible

Anonymous said...

Goodness, I've been complaining that it's June here and only in the 60s. I think I'd totally lose it if it snowed in June.

Cloudia said...

Sure would love to come visit with you ladies! Aloha

bobbie said...

But isn't it pretty?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Snow?????? Yipes!!!!! Mother Nature is showing you who is BOSS.....

I'm sure you and your friend have had a wonderful time together. There's nothing better than best friends.

Hugs,
Betsy

Annie Jeffries said...

Holy Tomoly! What a surprise. I hope that snow was here today and gone the next.

Beth P. said...

Sheesh, already!
I hope we don't get something like that, although at 4100 feet in the Cascades, we could. My garden is in...ugh!

Thanks for the photos--and the reminder that those of us that love the mountains are never quite sure of their moods--

Rose said...

Oh, wow, I guess I should be happy I am not there. Yet it thrills me to see these pictures.

Quiet Paths said...

I am not surprised as we are in the mid forties here at 2995 feet elevation. Snow higher up. Wow! I bet she is enjoying your summer weather.

Dianne said...

snow in June!!

other than the damage to flowers I wouldn't mind, I hate the heat